Tonka is an extremely confident, outgoing, social boy. He loves to explore, and interact with everyone in the house- people, kittens, dogs, he loves them all. He doesn’t stay in his pen and will frequently jump out, but is a very tidy boy and appears to be 98% litterbox trained. He doesn’t run when approached, is incredibly easy to pick up and handle, and seems especially fond of smooches on the cheeks. He is still defensive of hands coming quickly towards his face while in his enclosure and will nip, but this is easily avoided by not putting your hand in front of his face- he will gladly share space, be pet, or be picked up with no nipping at all. I think he may still be a young growing boy as he eats twice as much as a pair of buns. He especially loves cilantro and kale.
This guy has personality galore, and totally the type to hop up on the couch and watch a movie with you. He would do great in a home with bun-friendly pets, one person or lots of people, and I think would be great with children who understand to be conscious of their hands in his pen.
Tonka was rescued from an animal cruelty case. He’s a Flemish Giant, neutered, and vaccinated against RHDV2.
We are not able to resume on site adoptions due to covid19 and due to the Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease Virus (RHVD2) outbreak in California. Read more about RHVD2 here https://rabbit.org/rhdv/
We are adopting directly from foster care to adopter.
Interested in adopting?
- Complete an adoption application http://www.friendsofunwantedrabbits.org/adopt-help/adopt/adoption-application/ and email it back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read this very important article about RHVD2 and how you can protect your rabbit(s) https://rabbit.org/rhdv/
Please contact your local Certified Exotic Veterinarian or you can contact the following Veterinarians in the greater Sacramento, California area.
- Dr. Sanchez – Companion Animal Clinic in Auburn 530-885-3251
- Dr. Brick – Madison Avenue Veterinary Clinic 916-961-1541
- Dr. McRoberts – Petcare 916-791-9599
- Dr. Griffiths – VCA Sunset Animal Medical Clinic 916-967-7768
- Dr. Kittel – Kittel Family Veterinary Practice 916-714-5387
If you are interested in getting a friend for your rabbit please read these excellent bonding articles by HRS.
Watch this great video on how to go about bonding rabbits
Always wanted a rabbit. Learn more about having an indoor house rabbit by reading the following.
- http://www.friendsofunwantedrabbits.org/rabbit-care/the-advantages-of- exercise-pens/
Great Rabbit Care Videos